[Openmcl-devel] Plans for Unicode support within OpenMCL?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Mar 20 15:46:59 PST 2006

"Plans" in the sense of "general agreement that it'd be good and necessary and
should really be done someday, and some thoughts about how to do it" : yes.

"Plans" in the sense of "concrete effort, funded or voluntary" : sadly no.

There are certainly some technical and design issues to be resolved;
there was some discussion of those issues here a couple of years ago:

<http://clozure.com/mailman/htdig/openmcl-devel/2004-June/001741.html>

I'm personally all in favor of resolving those issues and seeing this
happen  Committing to a concrete effort tends to be the hard part; if
anyone else can commit to that, I'd be glad to offer what help I can.