[Openmcl-devel] TODO List

M.J. Stahl mjstahl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:03:51 PST 2006

I have read the discussions on this mailing list concerning unicode support,
and I was thinking:

Would looking over CLISP's unicode files help in any manner? Or maybe even
SBCL?

Of course using code directly from CLISP would cause problems due to the GPL
restrictions, but this usage would be fine in reference to SBCL.

This thought of course is somewhat without merit due to my lack of knowledge
concerning the internals of OpenMCL, and I am sure these thoughts have
already been considered by those that understand the system to a greater
degree.

Another question I had, after talking to Rainer Joswig, was whether someone
had the MCL documentation concerning MCL's Carbon integration.  Rainer had
mentioned that he found the API rather nice, and to have such integration in
OpenMCL would be a really nice feature.  I was wonder if this was something
that could be worked on as well. I know (from reading the Wiki... I think)
that a speed bump concerning this integration is CLOS.

Mark Stahl