[Openmcl-devel] Documentation sources

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Mar 22 17:14:10 PST 2006

shell> cvs -d :pserver:cvs at clozure.com:/usr/local/publiccvs get website

if you need to do a "cvs login", the anonymous CVS password is "cvs".

The sources were converted from DocBook XML to TexInfo last fall; I
think that the CVS tree still contains all of the .xml files as well
as the .texi files; the Makefile still tries to process DocBook,
but doing:

shell> cd website
shell> make -f texi.make

should produce .html files for the whole hierarchy and a .info file
for the Doc subdirectory.  (I tried a few times to generate a pdf
file; the output was mostly readable, but there are some constructs
in some .texi files that the .texi->.pdf conversion process doesn't
like.)

There are some constructs in the .texi files that depend on a fairly
new version of GNU makeinfo; the version that Apple bundles with Tiger
works, but if you're using an older OSX release you may need to use
a "makeinfo" from Fink or DarwinPorts.

The navigation menu on the top of the website pages is done with
server-side Perl; it'll be missing if you generate them yourself,
but everything else is just plain .html.

If/when you get to the point where you need CVS write access, let
me know; that needs to be set up manually.