[Openmcl-devel] updating .cvsignore

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri May 19 11:14:44 PDT 2006

The .cvsignore file may indeed have a bad regular expression in it,
but (in the bleeding-edge tree) the l1-dfsls directory has been gone
for a few months.  (CVS doesn't make renaming/deleting directories
easy, but that doesn't seem like a good reason to refrain from doing
that when it otherwise makes sense.)

shell> cvs update -P

will "prune" (delete) empty directories from your working copy.
(If the directory contains files that were never under CVS control
in the first place - like FASL files - it may be necessary to
manually delete those files first.  Besides remembering the fact
that "this is all harder than it should be", I don't remember
all of the details at them moment, but this isn't too complicated.)