[Openmcl-devel] opening and closing a socket leaves it in (CLOSE_WAIT) state...

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Sun May 21 12:30:26 PDT 2006

I'm opening (and closing) a bunch of sockets using trivial-http and
some home grown extensions. Eventually I get a "too many open files
error". Using lsof shows lots of lines like

> dppccl    8014 gwking  220u    IPv4 0x06f3a200      0t0      TCP
> 10.0.1.3:65243->boa.b9.com:http (CLOSE_WAIT)

FWIW, the same code doesn't cause this problem in Allegro 8.0.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or what I can add to help
explain the problem?

thanks,
--
Gary Warren King