[Openmcl-devel] DEFTRAP / DEFTRAP-INLINE

John Wiseman jjwiseman at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 14:10:40 PST 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 11:13 PM, Brent Fulgham wrote:

 > The MCL code for the Open Agent Engine (specifically the
 > MCL-translation for Allegro CL forms) makes use of a form called
 > "DEFTRAP-INLINE" (see the attached file for details).  I'm not sure
 > how best to map this to OpenMCL's internals, or if it would be
 > better to skip the whole thing and just use OpenMCL's existing FFI
 > infrastructure.  On the one hand it would be nice to stay as close
 > as possible to the existing code; on the other, it may be more
 > trouble than it's worth.
 >
 > The basic idea is (from John Wiseman's comments in his sources):

Until I looked at the file you attached I was sure you'd misattributed
the code to me.  Seven years is a long time, but now I vaguely
remember doing this.

On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:40 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

 > I'd vote for skipping the whole thing and using the existing FFI
 > infrastructure; I was going to try to explain what DEFTRAP and
 > DEFTRAP-INLINE were, but I got a bad headache that only went away
 > when I stopped thinking about them.

I have no idea where I got DEFTRAP-INLINE from and I don't know what
it does.  I'm pretty sure I haven't used it in any other code.  Maybe
I saw it in a macro expansion?  Ah, youth.

John