[Openmcl-devel] Fun With Data: Historical Benchmarks

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 16 17:04:37 PDT 2006

It turns out this is quite easy to do.  I've run the benchmark compared to SBCL on my G5 iMac (OpenMCL 1.0), and will post the results on the Wiki.

I'll then try it with OpenMCL 1.1 and add the column.  Perhaps over time this will show useful information about system performance and comparisons with other packages.

The only other Lisp I have is SBCL.  SBCL (current version) is slightly slower in a few cases, but is generally pretty close.  I did take the step of turning off the Crash Reporter dialog that displays when SBCL runs, though I am not sure if this completely removes any performance penalty caused by this bug in the Crash Reporter.

-Brent