[Openmcl-devel] Questions About Image Saving

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 20 22:17:17 PDT 2007

I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what.  I was trying to
create a Lisp image that already has the Cocoa support present:

Chaz:~ brent$ openmcl
install.asd.newest into #<Package "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM ASDF-INSTALL #x8581676> as ASDF-INSTALL
Welcome to OpenMCL Version 1.1-pre-070408 (DarwinPPC32)!
? (require 'cocoa)
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[PrefsView notePrefsChange:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[PrefsView commitPrefs:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[PrefsView revertPrefs:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message +[PreferencesPanel sharedPanel]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[PreferencesPanel show]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[NSApplication postEventAtStart:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[LispApplication showPreferences:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[LispApplication toggleTypeout:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextStorage
editingInProgress]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextStorage noteInsertion:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextStorage noteDeletion:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextStorage
noteModification:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextStorage noteAttrChange:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextStorage
ensureSelectionVisible]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextstorageTextView
updateSelection:length:affinity:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockFrame runErrorSheet:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockFrame
sheetDidEnd:returnCode:contextInfo:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockFrame
sheetDidDismiss:returnCode:contextInfo:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockTextStorage
updateHemlockSelection]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockListenerWindowController
gotData:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message +[HemlockListenerDocument topListener]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockListenerDocument interrupt:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[HemlockListenerDocument backtrace:]
; Note: defining new ObjC message -[LispApplicationDelegate
newListener:]
COCOA
("FAKE-CFBUNDLE-PATH" "OBJC-PACKAGE" "SPLAY-TREE" "NAME-TRANSLATION"
"OBJC-CLOS" "OBJC-RUNTIME" "BRIDGE" "OBJC-SUPPORT" "COCOA-DEFAULTS"
"COCOA-PREFS" "COCOA-TYPEOUT" "COCOA-WINDOW" "HEMLOCK" "COCOA-EDITOR"
"PTY" "COCOA-LISTENER" "COCOA-BACKTRACE" "COCOA")
?(ccl:save-application "dppccl.image")
Chaz:~ brent$

So far, so good.  Now for some fun!

Chaz:~ openmcl
rocess listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
 > Error: No applicable method for args:
 >         (#<A Dead Mac Pointer> :ENTER-BACKTRACE-CONTEXT #<SIMPLE-
VECTOR 11>)
 >         to #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CCL::UI-OBJECT-DO-OPERATION
#x816C3F6>
 > While executing: #<CCL::STANDARD-KERNEL-METHOD NO-APPLICABLE-
METHOD (T)>, in process listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
 > Error: No applicable method for args:
 >         (#<A Dead Mac Pointer> :ENTER-BACKTRACE-CONTEXT #<SIMPLE-
VECTOR 11>)
 >         to #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CCL::UI-OBJECT-DO-OPERATION
#x816C3F6>
 > While executing: #<CCL::STANDARD-KERNEL-METHOD NO-APPLICABLE-
METHOD (T)>, in process listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.

 From this, I guess I should not attempt to save a heap image that
includes the cocoa stuff?

Or am I doing something wrong (yet again!)

Thanks,

-Brent