[Openmcl-devel] Mac Mini now with Core2 Duo

Lawrence E. Bakst ml at iridescent.org
Wed Aug 8 14:59:12 PDT 2007

I don't know if anyone noticed but along with the new iMac the Mac Mini was silently revised to use Core2 Duo. It should now have EM64T, which means it should run OpenMCL just fine. Can anyone confirm? You can buy one for as little as $599.

BTW, last time I purchased a Mini I realized that the Apple Stores have special SKUs that the online store doesn't have. I was able to get more memory and a disk upgrade for less money than the online store. I asked the guy about it and he said the B&M stores have some special SKUs for common configs that the online store doesn't offer.

I mention this because the Mini is hard to upgrade yourself. The best favor you can do yourself would be to upgrade from 1GB to 2 GB.

leb