[Openmcl-devel] special characters in filenames - Carbon support

Thomas Hummel th.hummel at gmx.net
Wed Aug 8 23:03:08 PDT 2007

Hi,

I use openMCL 1.1 on an Intel Mac. I want to read and write files with
special characters in the file name like "ä". Is this possible? E.g., I
load a file made with Aquamacs from a terminal shell (load "myfile"). It
contains a line like

(probe-file "/Users/thomashummel/ändern.lisp")

It doesn't find the file although the file exists at this place.

Too, it is said that openMCL supports Carbon. For example, how can I
invoke the Carbon function FSRenameUnicode (in Digitool CL it was
(#_FSRenameUnicode ....)

Thanks for help
Thomas Hummel