[Openmcl-devel] Cocoa-app and ccl-init.lisp -- WTF?

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Sat Dec 1 18:30:33 PST 2007

My ~/ccl-init.lisp file contains the following two lines in the given
order (the significance of which will shortly become apparent):

(defvar *x* 0)
(pushnew #P"/Users/ron/Desktop/Lisp code/" *module-search-path*)

When I run ccl from the console I get the following, as expected:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.1-r7598 (DarwinX8664)!
? (first *module-search-path*)
#P"/Users/ron/Desktop/Lisp code/"
? *x*
0

But when I try to run the standalone cocoa-app I get this:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.1-r7598 (DarwinX8664)!
? (first *module-search-path*)
#P"/Users/ron/Desktop/Lisp code/"
? *x*
 > Error: Unbound variable: *X*
 > While executing: CCL::TOPLEVEL-EVAL, in process Listener(74).
 > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available
restarts.
 > If continued: Retry getting the value of *X*.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

WTF?

rg