[Openmcl-devel] New Clozure CL.app Available for Download

Lawrence E. Bakst ml at iridescent.org
Mon Dec 3 16:09:34 PST 2007

Andrew,

How do these relate to the openmcl "snapshot" .tar.gz files? I always try to run the latest snapshot, but not the latest cvs versions.

I gather that the "ClozureCL2007-10-28.dmg" is newer than any of the snapshots.

Are there still going to be snapshots or are you moving to a .dmg system?  .smg only works for the Mac. I kind of thought that the dmg files were for customers that don't want to deal with a .tar.gz kind install.

I think it would be a good idea for CCL to have well defined ways to download:

1. Current Release
2. A Stable Beta release
3. Snapshot releases which are effectively alphas
4. Bleed edge CVS

Mu own feelings are that if you are the kind of customer that can't deal with a .tar.gz release that you should run the released version or a stable beta. Perhaps snapshots that prove to be stable can promoted to a beta release.

Best,

leb