[Openmcl-devel] asdf location

Greg Pfeil greg at clozure.com
Thu Dec 6 01:00:59 PST 2007

On 6 Dec 2007, at 1:01, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> I agree that using /Library/
> and ~/Library/ are the right idea. I currently share an asdf central-
> registry directory among several lisp implementations without problem
> because the implementors have been careful to distinguish the file
> extensions of their fasl files

You might want to look into ASDF-Binary-Locations (http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-containers/asdf-binary-locations/
). It allows you to centralize your ASDF systems by putting the fasls
into implementation-specific subdirectories. And it helps you avoid
stale fasl errors when your favorite impl changes the fasl format.

I like ~/Library/..., but on my machine it (like ~/.sbcl/...) will
just be a symlink to ~/.asdf-install-dir, so I don't have to remember
which libraries have been installed for which implementations.