[Openmcl-devel] asdf location

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 07:28:38 PST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:17 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> Let me ask again: is everyone sure that ~/Library is called ~/Library
> on non-English installs of OSX ?

I believe the localized names are stored separately from the file
system path representation (perhaps in .DS_Store?).  I just created a
new user on my 10.5 machine, and changed the language settings for the
user to Japanese -- the folder name shows up as "ライブラリ" in
Finder but Terminal 'ls' shows "Library".

However, I'm not sure whether this is different if your entire system
is localized (choose something non-English during the OS install).  I
doubt it, though.

I'm pretty sure there's some Apple documentation somewhere describing
these canonical file system paths.