[Openmcl-devel] asdf location

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:09:37 PST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:59 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> Yes, I mentioned this in a long message that I wrote last night.
> Foundation functions aren't accessible to the command-line lisp,
> I don't know of any way to get the localized name from
> the BSD/POSIX layer.
>
> (And unfortunately, part of the trick that allows (REQUIRE "COCOA")
> to morph a command-line tool into a windowed application depends
> on not linking against Foundation - not loading the library unless/
> until
> a fake CFBundle path is set up.)

I see -- I must have missed that post.  Is there a similar limitation
with using Carbon?  In Folders'h there's a function called
FSFindFolder which seems to do basically the same thing:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/Folder_Manager/Reference/reference.html#/
/apple_ref/c/func/FSFindFolder