[Openmcl-devel] Weird bug

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Wed Dec 12 11:28:43 PST 2007

I'm not sure whether this is CCL-related or not.  It could just be a
Leopard thing.  Here's the deal: I am in a situation where:

1.  If I run CCL by clicking on a Lisp file, it starts up and runs
apparently normally.

2.  As soon as I try to open a Listener window, CCL hangs with a SBBoD.

3.  (Here's where it gets weird.)  If I try to run Terminal, that
hangs too.

4.  Everything else runs normally, including X11, so I can bring up an
Xterm (but not a Terminal window).

5.  If I try to run CCL from an Xterm it works fine, until I do
(require 'cocoa).  Then the temp.bundle hangs.  The terminal listener
is still running normally at that point.

6.  If I try to quit CCL by typing (quit) at the Xterm listener then
the Xterm listener hangs.

7.  There are no messages on the console.

8.  Rebooting makes the problem go away, but logout/login does not.

Any suggestions on how to debug this would be much appreciated.

rg