[Openmcl-devel] Is this a bug?

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Sun Dec 16 15:06:34 PST 2007

I wouldn't fret too much about the default (particularly since it's so
easy to change).  If I were going to do anything about this "problem"
it would be to make the documentation about character encodings a bit
more prominent (it's pretty buried in the release notes right now), or
maybe add something to the startup message along the lines of:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.1-r7902 (DarwinX8664)!
Default character encoding is set to ISO-8559-1
Set CCL:*DEFAULT-EXTERNAL-FORMAT* (or use the -K flag) to change it
?

But I mostly wouldn't worry about it at this point.  There are bigger
fish to fred, er, fry.  ;-)

rg