[Openmcl-devel] New snapshots available

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Wed Feb 14 10:52:09 PST 2007

In article <20070214032600.J57842 at clozure.com>,
 Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> wrote:

> There are now new (070214) self-contained archives containing OpenMCL
> source, binaries, and interfaces for DarwinPPC32/64, LinuxPPC32/64,
> DarwinX8664, LinuxX8664, and FreeBSDX8664 available in
> <ftp://clozure.com/pub/testing>.  The release notes entry says:
>
> OpenMCL 1.1-pre-070214

Cool stuff. I have to check it out under Leopard.

As GC is an announced feature of Objective C, do you have an
idea/opinion if the Objective-C GC would make the Cocoa bridge and Cocoa
using OpenMCL code simpler? In theory one should be able to get rid with
release/retain stuff. Would it be useful to support GCed Cocoa with
OpenMCL?