[Openmcl-devel] starting an openmcl session from inside another program

Joshua Moody moody at ISI.EDU
Wed Jan 3 12:15:16 PST 2007

All,

In the ACL documentation, I see the following:

> Any Unix or Windows program may serve as a Lisp main program if it:
>
> Gathers up proper information about the locations of all necessary
> files;
> Links or dynamically loads the Allegro Shared Library; and
> Calls lisp_init() with the appropriate arguments before trying to
> call any Lisp functionality.

I believe this allows an ACL image to be created inside another
process/program.

Is there an equivalent mechanism in OpenMCL?

Generally, I am investigating how to open a Lisp image from inside a
C program.

Specifically, I am trying to find a Lisp to use as front-end to the
Breve simulator.  I've investigated ECL, but have encountered
problems using SLIME and some bizarre behavior while trying to use
our in house CLOS utilities (which are portable across OpenMCL, MCL,
ACL, and LW).

I am woefully out of my depth here, so any advice or comments are
welcome.

Thanks,

jjm