[Openmcl-devel] bleeding-edge CVS unstable

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Jan 18 02:11:32 PST 2007

I want to try to change some things about how the FFI handles passing
structures by value and returns structures.  (These things aren't
done correctly on some platforms, and I want to make it a little easier
to plug in code that implements platform-specific policy; on the 7
platforms currently supported, there are probably about 5 different
conventions for this stuff.)

That might make things hard to bootstrap from CVS until the next set
of snapshots.  I tagged the current CVS tree with the tag "tag_070117",
so if you do:

shell> cd ccl
shell> cvs update -r tag_070117

you should get bug fixes through January 17 but not the work-in-progress,
might-not-even-build stuff that'll be checked in later.

It'll probably take a few days to get the FFI changes installed, and
I'll try to generate new snapshots once that's done.