[Openmcl-devel] New (070722) snapshots available

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:39:29 PDT 2007

On Jul 23, 2007, at 2:37 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

>    I think that it's fair to describe the current state of the IDE as
>    being "less slow", "less buggy", "less incomplete", and "much more
>    than a proof of concept" than it has been (e.g., there's been some
>    actual progress over the last few months and there are plans to
>    try to continue working on the IDE and related tools.)  It'd
> probably
>    be optimistic to call it "usable" in its current state (that may
>    depend on how low one's threshold of usability is), but I hope that
>    people who've been discouraged by the lack of IDE progress over the
>    last few years will see reason to be encouraged (and that anyone
>    interested will submit bug reports, patches, feature requests,
> code ...)

I have been dying to hack on the Cocoa IDE, but alas, my home machine
is an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, and I don't have a Leopard seed.  I had
started on an Objective-C Cocoa front end for SWANK, but decided this
was not worth the effort given the impending release of Leopard
(which, unfortunately, became less impending) and progress on the
native OpenMCL IDE.

Is there a separate Cocoa IDE mailing list where I can keep up to
date on its development?

Daniel