[Openmcl-devel] New (070722) snapshots available

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 23 12:38:40 PDT 2007

On Jul 23, 2007, at 2:37 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

>    I think that it's fair to describe the current state of the IDE as
>    being "less slow", "less buggy", "less incomplete", and "much more
>    than a proof of concept" than it has been (e.g., there's been some
>    actual progress over the last few months and there are plans to
>    try to continue working on the IDE and related tools.)  It'd
> probably
>    be optimistic to call it "usable" in its current state (that may
>    depend on how low one's threshold of usability is), but I hope that
>    people who've been discouraged by the lack of IDE progress over the
>    last few years will see reason to be encouraged (and that anyone
>    interested will submit bug reports, patches, feature requests,
> code ...)

Wonderful!  I can't wait to merge these changes into my local environment so I can push out a 64-bit Open Agent Engine.

Daniel Dickison wrote:
> I have been dying to hack on the Cocoa IDE, but alas, my home machine
> is an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, and I don't have a Leopard seed.
[...]
> Is there a separate Cocoa IDE mailing list where I can keep up to
> date on its development?

No.  This list's traffic is low enough that it should be fine to post here.  I'm interested in this too, so perhaps we can work together on some of these changes.

Thanks,

-Brent