[Openmcl-devel] compiled closures for Qi?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Jun 9 11:25:27 PDT 2007

Here's a list of the names of all classes which are subtypes of FUNCTION
in OpenMCL:

FUNCTION
COMPILED-FUNCTION       ; Note that FUNCTION and COMPILED-FUNCTION
                         ; are the same type/class in OpenMCL:
                         ; all FUNCTIONs are COMPILED-FUNCTIONs.

STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION ; as per CLhS
GENERIC-FUNCTION        ; as per CLhS

CCL:METHOD-FUNCTION     ; a special type of function that implements
                         ;  a method.  (The symbol is also an
                         ;  accessor for METHOD objects ad defined in
                         ;  the MOP spec.)
CCL::COMBINED-METHOD    ; used internally in the CLOS implementation

CCL:FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-OBJECT ; as per the MOP, a superclass of
                         ; GENERIC-FUNCTION.

CCL:COMPILED-LEXICAL-CLOSURE ; A FUNCTION (compiled function) which
                         ; is not a CCL:METHOD-FUNCTION and is not
                         ; a FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-OBJECT and which
                         ; references things (variable bindings, usually)
                         ; defined in the enclosing lexical environment.

If anyone does know what *CLOSURES* is in Qi and how it's used, that
information might help them to determine how it should be set for
OpenMCL.

You could certainly try just setting it to '(FUNCTION) and see what
fails (and why.)