[Openmcl-devel] New (070512) OpenMCL snapshots available

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun May 13 04:41:11 PDT 2007

Another approach - which avoids the question of whether a useful
answer would come back from DTS before October - would be to
make a Leopard-aware version of the interface translator available
(all of that's based on (GPLed) source that Apple release and/or
is available in GCC's SVN repo) and make it easier for Leopard
users to generate their own interfaces.

Whether anyone (preferably someone with a "good attitude") talks to
Apple about legal issues related to distributing Leopard interfaces,
this should be done; it happens to also provide a way of avoiding
those legal issues entirely (since it provides a means for Leopard
users to generate their own interfaces.)

I'll do this (as I've been alternately threatening/avoiding for 6
months or so.)

[...]