[Openmcl-devel] Two quick questions

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Sun Nov 4 11:12:35 PST 2007

I can probably figure these out myself, but I thought I'd see if
anyone knew the answer offhand before I spent a lot of time on this.

1.  What is the difference between marked and selected text in an
NSTextInput object?

2.  Is there in the Hemlock code somewhere (or anywhere else) a
function that, given a string and an index of a close-paren within
that string will return the index of the corresponding open-paren?
It's easy to write a naive version of this, not so easy to write one
that correctly handles all Lisp syntax, including strings, escape
characters and reader macros.

Thanks,
rg