[Openmcl-devel] Weird bug

Ralf Stoye stoye at stoye.com
Mon Nov 5 16:01:15 PST 2007

Am 06.11.2007 um 00:02 schrieb Ron Garret:
I can't get this demo to work.  There are some single/double float
errors, and after I fix those I get a blank window that displays some
really weird behavior (including refusing to close) but no other
errors so I am at a loss on how to proceed.

i am sorry to hear that, as i said "wrote it a long time ago", just
tested it with Clozure CL 0.1 (19.10.07) and it didn't work: strange
things from instantly hangs to window appeared some time later (once
in 5 tests).
Tested it with the version of openmcl i have installed without problems.
(LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION) -> "Version 1.1-r7313 (DarwinPPC32)"
So i think the changes in Clozure CL are major ones. ( i suspect it's
the way things are initialized, threading issues?). But maybe there
are some aspects in this code showing how to setup things in cocoa:
Tell a slider to inform a target: (send my-slider :set-target my-view)
Tell the slider which function to call:  (send my-slider :set-action
(@selector "doIt:"))
maybe one of the experts can tell me/us why the code daesn't run
anymore on Clozure CL.
BUT: I don't want to occupy people with very limited time to spend
this on this unimportant piece of code...

rs