[Openmcl-devel] linux 2.6.23

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Oct 27 12:05:28 PDT 2007

Sometimes (I didn't know if it was true in your case), a
distribution's package-management system (rpm/apt/emerge/whatever)
installs new libraries when it installs a new kernel.

The point at which things were dying in the backtrace you sent
is groveling around in some data structures that're created
by the dynamic linker; I don't -think- that that stuff is
sensitive to the kernel version, so the theory seemed like
a good one.  (Quite possibly wrong, but good.)

I'll try to install 2.6.23 on a laptop here when I get the chance.
if you haven't heard from me in a few days, please nag.