[Openmcl-devel] Hemlock ain't Fred

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Tue Oct 30 13:19:29 PDT 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 1:07 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> Meta-. should work pretty well; I don't understand this.

Doh!  It does work.  I don't know how I got the impression that it
didn't.  Sorry.

>> 8.  In both the listener and editor windows, the enter key doesn't
>> work if the current sexpr is atomic.
>
> Don't understand this.

Suppose I type:

(setf x 0)
(incf x)

If I then put the cursor next to the last close-paren and hit enter I
get a succession if incrementing numbers.  But if I put the cursor
next to the "x" and hit enter nothing happens.  (If I put the cursor
there and double-click then it correctly selects the "x" as the
current sexpr, and then if I hit enter I get the value of the variable
x back as expected.  This is not a huge big deal.)

> It helps to get feedback, but (if you can) please create an account
> for yourself (this partly discourages spam) at http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl
>  and enter bugs there.

Well, not all of these comments are bugs.  But I will do that.

> It's also really desirable (if you want to use the IDE regularly)
> to try to stay up-to-date via CVS and rebuild the lisp regularly.
> (if this makes no sense, we'll try to ensure that something somewhere
> accurately documents the process and refer you to that.)

It makes sense, I just don't know how to do it :-)  But I would
definitely like to be able to build from source.

rg