[Openmcl-devel] Clozure CL Interface Databases/Open Agent Engine

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 30 23:21:12 PDT 2007

I have uploaded a couple of things that might be interesting to some
users, and I could sure use the raw Lisp skills roaring onto this list
lately.

I have published the source code of my conversion of Alexander
Repenning's "Open Agent Engine" logic to work under OpenMCL (now
Clozure CL) under 64-bit Intel Leopard.  I can go into the various
reasons for the updates if anyone cares, but basically the goal was to
move the logic out of the QuickDraw/Carbon era and into Apple's
current development arc.

To use the sources, you will need a few FFI databases that do not
currently ship with Clozure CL (but see bug #51 in Trac [http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/ticket/51#preview
]), namely links for the ApplicationServices framework and more
importantly the Quartz framework.

Everything can be downloaded from "http://homepage.mac.com/bfulgham/FileSharing2.html
".  You will need to un-bzip2 and un-tar the FFI database into "cd /
Applications/Clozure\ CL\ \(Intel-64\ Leopard\).app/Contents/
Resources/" (they should show up as folders underneath the darwin-x86-
headers64).

Once this is done, if you load the file "Open_Agent_Engine/Load OpenGL
for MCL.lisp" you should be able to invoke:

? (defvar *W* (make-instance 'ad3d::opengl-window))

and get something like: