[Openmcl-devel] Core Animation ?

mikel evins mevins at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 10:24:48 PDT 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Didier Verna wrote:
> Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> wrote:
>
>>> Cool ! Now, I can't load the framework because I have nothing in
>>> darwin-x86-headers64/ apart from the populate.sh script. I could try
>>> to run it myself, but then I'm missing an h-to-ffi.sh script that I
>>> can't find anywhere. I couldn't find premade database files on the
>>> ftp website either. What should I do ?
>>
>> 1) wait a couple of days.  Really.
>> 2) go to "http://openmcl.clozure.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/darwin-x86-headers64/?root=svn
>> "; click on the "download GNU tarball" link.
>> 3) use svn
>> shell> svn co http://svn.clozure.com/pubicsvn/openmcl/trunk/darwin-x86-headers64
>> 4) probably other ways to do this
>
> OK, I guess I have to put a logical OR between these options
> right ? :-)
> So I chose 3/ and was able to do this at runtime:
>
> (require 'cocoa)
> (ccl::define-special-objc-word "CA")
> (objc:load-framework "QuartzCore" :quartzcore)
>> ns:ca-layer
> => #<OBJC:OBJC-CLASS NS:CA-LAYER bla bla>
>
> However, if I put these 3 lines of code in a build script (ending
> with a
> call to build-application), the app doesn't run anymore, as show
> below.
> I've also tried to put these lines so that they are evaluated also at
> application run time (not [only] when I build it), but this doesn't
> work
> either.
>

> Should I really be 2 days patient, or is it something else ?

You really should wait. There is a flurry of release-related activity
going on right now. If you wait until it's done, a couple of things
will change: (1) the problem may be fixed by a release; (2) if it
isn't fixed by the release, folks will be in a better position to help
you after this activity is over.

--me