[Openmcl-devel] Error compiling Currency Converter sample

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Sun Apr 13 17:55:19 PDT 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 7:09 PM, Joe Jones wrote:

> First time using Clozure CL and I was really interested in playing
> with the Cocoa integration. So, I went through the Currency
> Converter sample and all goes great right up to the time I try to
> compile the sample with build-application. Here is what I am seeing:
>
> Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.1-r9150S (DarwinX8664)!
> ? (setf (current-directory) "/Users/jjones/Desktop/clozure/currency-
> converter")
> "/Users/jjones/Desktop/clozure/currency-converter"
> ? (load "currency-converter")
> ;Compiler warnings :
> ;   Unused lexical variable SENDER, in |-[ConverterController
> convert:]|.
> #P"/Users/jjones/Desktop/clozure/currency-converter/currency-
> converter.lisp"
> ? (require "build-application")
> "build-application"
> ("builder-utilities" "build-application")
> ? (ccl:build-application :name "Currency Converter"
>                          :main-nib-name "currency-converter"
>                          :nib-files '(#P"currency-converter/currency-
> converter.nib"))
>
> > Error: Reader error: No external symbol named "BUILD-APPLICATION"
> in package #<Package "CCL"> .
> > While executing: CCL::%PARSE-TOKEN, in process Listener(82).
> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > Type :? for other options.
> 1>

Looks like you're not in the CCL package.  If you don't want to do (in-
package "CCL") before building the application, you'll need to say
CCL::BUILD-APPLICATION instead, since BUILD-APPLICATION isn't external.

Also, note that :nibfiles (not :nib-files) is the correct keyword
parameter.

Hope that helps.