[Openmcl-devel] Aquamacs can't find openmcl

Susan Epstein slepstein at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 17 04:44:06 PDT 2008

I have the 64-bit version of openmcl installed in ~/ccl on a Mac with
an Intel Core 2 Duo and Aquamacs distribution 1.4.

Per the instructions, I put
  (setq inferior-lisp-program "~/ccl/scripts/ccl64")
in
~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/Preferences.el

This should let me use SLIME from a file open in Aquamacs. But when I
try
M-x slime
I get "no such file or directory, ~ccl/scripts/openmcl"

When I look, of course the file is there, but it is a Unix executable
and just indicates that there was no such file or directory from line
70 and that it logged out.

I'd be grateful for any guidance you can offer here.

Susan