[Openmcl-devel] NSOpenPanel display bug

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Dec 1 19:03:23 PST 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> If I execute this simple bit of code (or any other call to
> NSOpenPanel) I get multiple Date Modified columns. These then
> persist in new launches of the CCL IDE. At first there were just
> two, but now there are a total of 4. Restarting the IDE doesn't
> change this, nor does logging out, or restarting, or rebuilding ccl.
> Finally, these extra columns are also present in the IDE's open file
> dialog as well:
>
> (#/runModalForTypes: (#/openPanel (@class "NSOpenPanel")) nil)
>
> <NSOpenPanel bug.tiff>
>
> Any Idea what's going on here?

I couldn't duplicate what you're seeing on my machine, but I wouldn't
be surprised if there was some bad data in the defaults database.

To look at the defaults database, run one of the following two commands:

defaults read "com.clozure.Clozure CL" (if you launch via a double-
clickable app)
or
defaults read "com.clozure.temp bundle" (if you start the IDE via
(require 'cocoa))

I'd look for a suspicious entry for "NSTableView Columns
NSNavOutlineColumnSettings.v1" or something like that.  "NSNav" is the
substring to look for.  (The system saves the order of the columns,
the sort order of the columns, and other stuff like that in the
defaults database.  I'm guessing this information got screwed up
somehow.)  If you see something weird, delete it with a command like:

defaults delete  "com.clozure.Clozure CL" "NSTableView Columns
NSNavOutlineColumnSettings.v1"

If you don't care to go spelunking in the defaults database, and don't
care about your preferences, you could just blow away (or move aside,
at least) your preferences file.  It'd be stored in "~/Library/
Preferences/com.clozure.Clozure CL.plst"