[Openmcl-devel] CCL running natively in Web browser using Google Native Client

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Tue Dec 9 11:25:37 PST 2008

now here is a crazy idea: how about running the Intel version of CCL
on top of the new, and somewhat controversial, Google Native Client?

from Slashdot:

> "Google has announced its Google native client, which enables x86
> native code to be run securely inside a browser. With Java applets
> already dead and buried, this could mean the end of the new war
> between browsers and the various JavaScript engines (V8,
> Squirrelfish, Tracemonkey). The only question remains whether it can
> be secured (ala ActiveX) and whether the advantages carry over onto
> non-x86 platforms. The package is available for download from its
> Google code site. Hopefully, I can finally write my web apps in asm."

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/09/1459230
http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2008/12/native-client-technology-for-running.html

alex

Prof. Alexander Repenning