[Openmcl-devel] Erroneous results if function is untraced

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Wed Dec 31 07:03:43 PST 2008

Thanks to your help and Gary's help, and a new day when I'm more
awake, I found the problem.  Both of you figured out what everything
should do correctly.  When I dug down I realized this:  after I call a
foreign function, I have it mark the CL side invalid for any output
arrays.  However, I failed to mark the C side valid, and arrays are
made with both the CL and the C sides marked invalid.  So the fix was
to change the defmfun macro to mark the C side valid.  Recompiling and
rerunning the tests, everything passes cleanly in CCL.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Liam