[Openmcl-devel] CCL/OpenMCL *features*

Bill Clementson billclem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 19:33:28 PST 2008

Hi all,

I converted over to an Intel Macbook Pro when Apple replaced my PPC
Powerbook last month (see http://bc.tech.coop/blog/071118.html for the
details). I installed the CVS version of CCL on my Macbook and most
things have been working fine (however, I'm still getting used to the
blazing speed difference!). One thing that didn't work fine was when I
tried to reinstall Hunchentoot. Hunchentoot has CL+SSL as a dependency
and CL+SSL uses CFFI to talk to libssl.dylib. However, the following
code in the cl+ssl reload.lisp file doesn't locate the libssl.dylib
library correctly:

(cffi:define-foreign-library libssl
  (:windows "libssl32.dll")
  (:darwin "libssl.dylib")
  (:unix (:or "libssl.so.0.9.8" "libssl.so"))
  (t (:default "libssl3")))

Instead, CFFI tries to load libssl.so.0.9.8" and "libssl.so" (e.g. -
the :unix libs) and fails because it doesn't find them. I had a look
at *features* and :darwin isn't defined but :unix is. I assume that
this is a change from OpenMCL 1.0? When I changed the above code to:

(cffi:define-foreign-library libssl
  (:windows "libssl32.dll")
  (:darwin "libssl.dylib")
  (:unix (:or "libssl.so.0.9.8" "libssl.so" "libssl.dylib"))
  (t (:default "libssl3")))

everything builds without problem. Is there some reason :darwin isn't
in *features* now?

--
Bill Clementson