[Openmcl-devel] Ask help for using IRONCLAD package

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:50:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

>>> And, by the way, are you interesting in porting ironclad to
>>> Clozure CL
>>> (OpenMCL)? It seems that ironclad cannot load correctly on recent
>>> Clozure CL. Since my package depends on yours, I'll be very
>>> interesting in this porting and testing job, if I can do any help.
>>
>> I am interested in all bug reports concerning Ironclad; it should run
>> on any implementation.  If it doesn't, that's a bug.
>>
>> However, I don't have a machine on which I can run OpenMCL, so I
>> would
>> need a detailed bug report to figure out what's wrong.
>>
>> -Nathan
>
> I attach a full backtrace of openmcl64 (Darwin, 64bit):
>
> <ironclad-bugreport.txt>

The first break can be fixed simply by replace this:

(defvar *stream-finish-output-function*
   (quote
    #+sbcl sb-gray:stream-finish-output
    #+openmcl ccl:stream-finish-output
    #+cmu ext:stream-finish-output
    #+allegro excl:stream-finish-output
    #-(or sbcl openmcl cmu allegro) (error "octet streams not
supported in this implementation")))

into this:

(defvar *stream-finish-output-function*
   (quote
    #+sbcl sb-gray:stream-finish-output
    #+openmcl ccl::stream-finish-output
    #+cmu ext:stream-finish-output
    #+allegro excl:stream-finish-output
    #-(or sbcl openmcl cmu allegro) (error "octet streams not
supported in this implementation")))

stream-finish-output is a internal symbol of ccl, not external. I
don't know if it should be external.

And, after fix this, I got another problem, I attach a new backtrace: