[Openmcl-devel] iSight progress

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Tue Jan 29 21:35:06 PST 2008

I've made some progress on the iSight camera front.  This kinda-sorta
works. (You'll probably need to update the path to the Cam.qtz file,
which I'm including as an attachment to this email.)

(defun nsstr (s) (make-instance 'gui::ns-lisp-string :string s))

(defparameter +standard-window-style-mask+
   (logior #$NSTitledWindowMask
           #$NSClosableWindowMask
           #$NSMiniaturizableWindowMask
           #$NSResizableWindowMask))

(defun make-window (x y &optional (title "Untitled"))
   (bind (w (make-instance 'ns:ns-window
              :with-content-rect (ns:make-ns-rect 0 0 x y)
              :style-mask +standard-window-style-mask+
              :backing #$NSBackingStoreBuffered
              :defer t))
     (#/setContentView: w (make-instance 'ns:ns-view))
     (#/setTitle: w (nsstr title))
     (#/center w)
     (#/orderFront: w nil)
     w))

(setf w (make-window 300 200))

(objc:load-framework "Quartz" :quartz)
(setf qcv (make-instance 'ns:q-c-view))
(#/loadCompositionFromFile: qcv #@"Cam.qtz")
(#/startRendering qcv)
(#/setContentView: w qcv)

(setf bmrep (#/bitmapImageRepForCachingDisplayInRect:
              qcv
              (ns:make-ns-rect 0 0 300 200)))

Now whenever I do this:

(#/cacheDisplayInRect:toBitmapImageRep: qcv (ns:make-ns-rect 0 0 300
200)
                                         bmrep)

it updates the window with the current camera image.  Trick is, the
resulting image SHOULD be in the bmrep bitmap, but it isn't.  bmrep is
filled with zeros:

(let ((ptr (#/bitmapData bmrep)))
   (loop for i from 0 below (* 300 200 4) sum (%get-byte ptr i)))  --> 0

This also kinda-sorta works

(#/valueForOutputKey: qcv #@"ImageOutput")

The resulting image resembles the current camera image, but with some
very weird artifacts.

Any hints on how to proceed from here would be much appreciated.

rg