[Openmcl-devel] interactive nib loading

Osei Poku osei.poku at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:27:44 PST 2008

Hello folks,

This question is likely due to my lack of familiarity with Cocoa/
Objective C API and/or the corresponding openmcl bridge.  But I have
attempted to find help in the documentation to no avail.

Essentially, I want to create an interface using Interface Builder
save it and then load it interactively at the openmcl repl.  I simply
do not even know which Cocoa function to use to load the nib file.
This is complicated by the fact that the nib file is in the wild (some
arbitrary path). I am going to go back and read some more about the
interface builder but I would appreciate some help on the programmatic
end.

The closest matches to what I want seem to be by using the NSNib or
NSBundle classes to load the nib file however, I am confused as to
what arguments to give the various instantiate function on the lisp
side.

FYI, I am able to create the lisp version of the currency converter
and I can also create a window interactively from the repl according
to the documentation on the openmcl wiki.

Thanks,

Osei