[Openmcl-devel] *terminal-io* issues

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sat Jul 12 06:17:28 PDT 2008

I've been running into problems[1] where multiple concurrent threads
need access to *terminal-io*. What is the workaround for this - should
I locally rebind *terminal-io* for each thread? If so, to what - some
newly created stream?

[1] specifically, in the IDE, the console window pops up informing me
for each newly created thread that it requires access to shared
terminal input, shortly thereafter the IDE hangs and must be force
quit, or it just dies by itself, usually the former. Often the IDE
locks up before the console window can display any text, but you can
see what It would have displayed in the system log (Console.app, eg.).

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffaelcavallaro at mac.com