[Openmcl-devel] Lisp on the iPhone

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Thu Jun 12 08:00:08 PDT 2008

Am 12.06.2008 um 16:49 schrieb Yakov ZAYTSEV:

> Squeak came out of Apple labs IIRC.. It isn't suprising that it was
> easy for them to arrange Squeak VM on iPhone ;) IMHO

CL -> CCL -> MACL -> MCL -> OpenMCL -> CCL came also from Apple's
Research Lab (a bit):
MCL (Macintosh Common Lisp) was owned by Apple for a few years, it was
an official Apple product and
several people now working with Clozure CL were working for Apple.
Apple bought the original
developers of Coral Lisp and then they enhanced it while they were
working at Apple.
So, I guess there is still some connection...

Brian, to be part of the beta program one had to explain what one is
working on and only few developers were accepted.
So I'd guess that Apple is aware that this is a Smalltalk
implementation.

Regards,

Rainer

mailto:joswig at lisp.de