[Openmcl-devel] Problem installing Hunchentoot

Patrick May pjm at spe.com
Tue Jun 24 05:56:32 PDT 2008

On 23 Jun 2008, at 23:57, Robert Goldman wrote:
> Patrick May wrote:
>>> I think this is a simple misuse of ASDF (although I can't swear
>>> to  it).
>>>
>>> SBCL is especially ASDF-friendly, and if you use REQUIRE, you get
>>> ASDF loading.  Most other lisps, I believe, require (sorry) you
>>> to  use the ASDF function.
>>>
>>> So try
>>>
>>> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot)
>>>
>>> and see if that does the job.
>>>
>>> Best,
>> 	Thanks for the quick response.  I should have mentioned that I
>> tried  that as well.  The error message from this approach is:
>> > Error: Error component "hunchentoot" not found
>> > While executing: ASDF:FIND-SYSTEM, in process listener(1).
>> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
>> > Type :? for other options.
>> 1 >
>> Do I need an environment variable set?  How can I tell where it is
>> looking for the asdf installed files?
>
> (pprint asdf:*central-registry*)

	That gives:  ("ccl:tools;asdf-install;" *DEFAULT-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS*)

> That tells you where asdf will look for the .asd files.
>
> You can also see what
>
> (asdf:find-system :hunchentoot)
>
> does...

	That gives:
 > Error: Error component "hunchentoot" not found
 > While executing: ASDF:FIND-SYSTEM, in process listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

	I tried changing my ccl-init.lisp to:
(require :asdf)
;(pushnew "ccl:tools;asdf-install;" asdf:*central-registry*
;         :test #'string-equal)
(pushnew #P"/usr/local/ccl/tools/asdf-install/" asdf:*central-registry*
          :test #'equal)
(pushnew #P"/usr/local/asdf-install/" asdf:*central-registry*
          :test #'equal)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :asdf-install)
(setq asdf-install:*verify-gpg-signatures* nil)

and got similar results, although *central-registry* is now:
(#P"/usr/local/asdf-install/" #P"/usr/local/ccl/tools/asdf-install/"
  *DEFAULT-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS*)

	Any thoughts?

	By the way, I'm not hung up on using ASDF.  Any other way I can get
Hunchentoot working is fine.

Thanks,

Patrick

----
pjm at spe.com
S P Engineering, Inc.
Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO systems design and
implementation.
(C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)