[Openmcl-devel] Problem installing Hunchentoot

Patrick May pjm at spe.com
Tue Jun 24 17:23:40 PDT 2008

On 24 Jun 2008, at 19:50, Robert P. Goldman wrote:
> As far as I can tell there's no reason to believe that this is a CCL
> bug
> as opposed to a simple misconfiguration.

	I never doubted that.  ;-)

>  Some suggestions:
>
> 1.  What is the definition of "ccl:tools;asdf-install;"?  Take a look
> with translate-logical-pathnames

	That translates to /usr/local/ccl/tools/asdf-install on my system.

> 2.  Use find or that apple thingy to figure out where the file
> "hunchentoot.asd" is located.  Then see if you can find it within the
> paths in asdf:*central-registry*

	Despite having done this previously, your suggestion resulted in a
solution.  I had previously confirmed that /usr/local/ccl/tools/asdf-
install and /usr/local/asdf-install were both in asdf:*central-
registry*.  I went back to double check and noticed that the /usr/
local/ccl/tools/asdf-install contains one .asd and several .lisp files
while /usr/local/asdf-install contains only the subdirectories site
and site-systems.  The site subdirectory contains subdirectories with
package versions in their names which in turn contain .asd files.  The
site-systems subdirectory contains non-versioned .asd files.

	I changed my ccl-init.lisp file to:

(require :asdf)
(pushnew #P"/usr/local/ccl/tools/asdf-install/" asdf:*central-registry*
          :test #'equal)
(pushnew #P"/usr/local/asdf-install/site-systems/" asdf:*central-
registry*
          :test #'equal)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :asdf-install)
(setq asdf-install:*verify-gpg-signatures* nil)

(note the 'site-systems' path component).  Success!  I can now load
hunchentoot, and any other asdf installed package, with (asdf:oos
'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot).

	Thanks very much to everyone who answered my questions.

Regards,

Patrick

----
pjm at spe.com
S P Engineering, Inc.
Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO systems design and
implementation.
(C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)