[Openmcl-devel] CCL + CLSQL + MYSQL + OS X + Intel problems

Thom Goodsell tgg at mac.com
Fri Mar 21 19:17:00 PDT 2008

I really can't figure out which list to start on (i.e., this one,
clsql, uffi), so I hope no one minds if I start here. I'm trying to
get clsql up and running using CCL (built from svn a few days ago) on
Leopard on an Intel MacBook to talk to a MySQL 5 database. The problem
I'm having is that trying to load the mysql libraries into CLL throws
this error:

> Error opening shared library "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/mysql/
> libmysqlclient.dylib": dlopen(/opt/local/lib/mysql5/mysql/
> libmysqlclient.dylib, 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
> 	/opt/local/lib/mysql5/mysql/libmysqlclient.dylib: mach-o, but wrong
> architecture

This seems to be an architecture mismatch, as otool reports that the
mysql libraries are for i386, while ccl is x86_64. I'm been using
macports to install mysql, but they don't seem to have figured out how
to easily build 64-bit, yet.

Before I go off any sink what is bound to be a silly amount of time
into getting mysql to compile for x64_86, does anyone have this
working? If so, do you have any advice?

Thanks,
Thom