[Openmcl-devel] isight video data stream

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sat May 17 22:08:19 PDT 2008

On May 18, 2008, at 12:11 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> If anyone who's interested in this could let me know:
>
> 1) if it works for them on an x86-64 Mac running Leopard with some
>   sort of video input source (it should be possible to get it
> working on
>   PPC Leopard as well, as soon as we figure out how to distribute PPC
>   interfaces for both Tiger and Leopard)

Yes (MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo built in iSight under 10.5.2)

Oddly, when I run this, I too see a somewhat confused looking middle
aged man - go figure ;^)

Recording to a file works as expected

> 2) whether or not the source code makes sense.  (Most of the comments
>   just discuss issues related to using the ObjC bridge to do this
>   stuff; I don't know anything about QTKit and am just trying to
>   faithfully mimic what Apple's example does.)

I also know little to nothing about QTKit, but the code looks quite
sensible to me, if a little bit hairy, but I'm pretty sure that the
hair is all apple's and not yours.

I would make some remark about this probably being due to that whole
middle aged thing again, but never having met you I don't know whether
you still have your hair or not ;^)

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.