[Openmcl-devel] Can't open-shared-library on Tiger

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat May 24 17:18:36 PDT 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Yakov ZAYTSEV wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use QuickTime Carbon API on Macbook core 2 duo with Tiger
> I don't need Obj-C API, I want to use plain C calls..
>
> Version I use is Clozure CL 1.2-rc1-intel
>
> TIA!
>
> ---

CCL is (currently) only available as a 64-bit application on x86;
there isn't a 64-bit version of QuickTime (and, as I undersand it,
there won't be; QuickTime's being replaced with Core Image, Core
Video, and other technologies.)  Core Video seems to be accessible
from C; some or all of the "other technologies" seem to only be
available via QTKit or QuartzCore, both of which are ObjC frameworks.
Most/all of these things were just introduced in 64-bit versions
with Leopard.