[Openmcl-devel] Lisp DOC

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 07:26:08 PST 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> It is simple to write little code producing a LOT of documentation
> with Lisp. The trivial little hack below produces documentation for
> the entire CL class tree. Especially when classes
> include :documentation even the code below is somewhat useful.
> However, my real question is this. Is anybody aware of some Java DOC-
> like tool for Lisp? That is, something like that thing below but with
> formated output (e.g., HTML with style sheet)? It would seem to be
> such an obvious and simple thing to do in Lisp that I would assume it
> already exists?

There is one called Tinaa by Gary King (http://metabang.com), which
works at the ASDF level to document a system and its ASDF
dependencies.  I've used it before and it's quite nice.  If you have
CL-Markdown loaded, it'll apply Markdown formatting to all of your
docstrings.

http://common-lisp.net/project/tinaa/
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-markdown/