[Openmcl-devel] how to use quicktime

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Sun Nov 30 18:15:03 PST 2008

On Nov 30, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> Just wondering if somebody has some ideas on how to use QuickTime
> from CCL (1.2). Here are some ways that do NOT work:
> 4) using QTkit
>
> (ccl:open-shared-library "/System/Library/Frameworks/QTKit.framework/
> QTKit")
>
> succeeds but how does one create the main classes, e.g., QTMovie and
> QTMovieView? I assume this would be the recommended route to go.

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.2-r11429M  (DarwinX8664)!
? (require 'cocoa)
[...]

;;; open shared library, use interface dir, update objc bridge info
? (objc:load-framework "QTKit" :qtkit)
NIL
? (make-instance 'ns:q-t-movie-view)
#<Q-T-MOVIE-VIEW <QTMovieView: 0x127c1b00 frame = { 0, 0 }, QTMovie =
0x0> (#x127C1B00)>
?

http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/AddressBook is another example
(but it uses the AddressBook framework instead of QTKit).