[Openmcl-devel] Another linux86-32: signed doubleword parameters.

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Tue Oct 14 00:32:47 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:30:03AM -0600, Gary Byers wrote:

> Aha! The bits in the node-regs-mask are supposed to be ordered by the
> register's "ordinal" number (e.g., the value used to encode the register
> in an instruction.)
>
> Assuming that I didn't botch something, this should be fixed in
> r11087.

Well, I haven't been able to get that particular failure to happen
again, but unfortunately, I'm still seeing other problems.

Once:
    Overran end of memory range: start = 0x14f2a308, end = 0x15040000,
    prev = 0x14f2a310, current = 0x181ff7f0

Usually, it's just a scrambled object:

    Error: (272629760 . 301989888) is not a Lisp string or pointer.

(The error is from cffi, but it's not expecting a cons with two
unusual numbers in it).

    Error: value (#\H . 0) is not of the expected type (SATISFIES
    CCL::PROPER-LIST-P).

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a pattern here, and most of
them aren't caught until something tries to examine the corrupted
object.

David