[Openmcl-devel] cl-http on clozure-cl

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 21:46:22 PDT 2009

Hi, GB & James

In my cl-http copy (70.216 plus my changes), there's "port-template"
by Karsten Poeck.

On Clozure CL, compiling success but test failed:

? (load-cl-http-tester)
[2009-04-05 12:34:34]  Initializing Proxy Cache....
[2009-04-05 12:34:34]  Restoring Proxy Cache from http:proxy-cache;....
[2009-04-05 12:34:34]  Restored 0 cache entries from http:proxy-cache;.
[2009-04-05 12:34:34]  Proxy Cache Initialized.
[2009-04-05 12:34:34]  HTTP service enabled for: http://localhost:80/
(http::test "")
Test with (http::test "license")
Test with (http::test "translations.lisp")
Test with (http::test "generated")
Test all with (test-all))
#P"/Volumes/User/Lisp/cl-http/contrib/kpoeck/port-template/test/
load.lisp"
? (test-all)
Reportable condition caught:
 > Error: There is no applicable method for the generic function:
 >          #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION WWW-UTILS:BYTES-TRANSMITTED
#x300040FC816F>
 >        when called with arguments:
 >          (#<STRING-SERVER input #<STRING-INPUT-STREAM
#x3000433EBEAD>, output #<STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM  #x3000433EBCCD>
#x3000433EBABD>)
 > While executing: #<CCL::STANDARD-KERNEL-METHOD NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD
(T)>, in process listener(1).
 > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available
restarts.
 > If continued: Try calling it again
 > Type :? for other options.
1 > :pop

I think there're only small bugs in it. Anyone here can fix them if
they have latest source code in hand.

The biggest problem of CL-HTTP is that its SVN is not public available
and only a small group of developer (not include me) has access to it,
two of them are Martin Simmons (LW) and Rainer Joswig. My cl-http copy
came from Rainer Joswig after I've been asking for it for more than
one year with some bug fixes ...

Latest CL-HTTP only runs on LispWorks perfectly. But on other
supported platforms' newest version (MCL 5.2, LCL 506, SCL, CMUCL) ,
there're many issues which need people fix it.

I hope JCMa can see this post and change his cl-http policy a bit.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)